Saturday, May 30, 2009

You started it..

This is 1 of the most hilarious incidents of my life. I still love it for the craziness I had in those days, when each day was full of excitement. Each day brought new missions, new challenges and more punishments and beatings from the teachers and sometimes even friends(Yeah friends, we used to fight a lot but at the end of day, we were still friends).


This dates back to when I was in 7th or 8th class(I don't remember exactly).The main characters of this incident are: me(off course), Siddarth Bagga (was fondly called Baggasur by me and Sumit) and our Ved-Path teacher,Mr.Shastri ji(they used to teach us Ved-Path as a subject at DAV).

A brief about the characters:
Shastri ji : A Gandhi-follower,non-violence was his mantra. He never beated any student ever.
Siddarth(or Baggasur) : He was named after Danasur(dinosaur). And he used to get annoyed whenever we called him "Baggasur". He was a trouble-maker everywhere he went. You cant find yourself out of trouble, when you are with him. Fortunately, he was my friend. And I also got rubbed by curse of getting into troubles.
Me(Nitesh) : The most innocent guy you would ever meet(kidding...hehe). I was naughty at heart and just needed a friend who had to tap the inner-potential I had of getting into trouble. Though Baggasur was a friend, I had grudge against him. He was bigger than me in size and used it to his advantage whenever we had any fights.


The Story:

A regular subject teacher was absent that day. So Shastri ji was taking an arrangement period of our class. We usually made too noise in arrangement periods, so teachers usually didn't taught us in those. That day too, Shastri ji wasn't teaching but he told us to keep the level of our voices low.

But I and Baggasur?? How can we be quiet or not causing trouble to others even after knowing that Shastriji wont beat us. So we were at our best, troubling the guys sitting on desk ahead of ours. They complained to Shastri ji(really such big cowards ,cant handle guys of their age themselves ). So Shastri ji asked us, "Dushto, kyu pareshaan kar rahe ho inko?". We both had great quality to blame it on the other person whenever we got caught.
So a blame-game started between us.
"Sir, not me, I was sitting quietly. Actually he is troubling them".
"Sir, he is lying. I don't have anything to do with it. He is troubling them."

From the naughty smile we had on our faces any idiot would have known that we were partners in crime. We thought as always Shastri ji would forgive us. But he had different idea of doing justice that day. He summoned, "You both slap each other 5 times".

We thought, he was kidding. So we didn't slapped each other. Then he said "Start". We both thought its less than usual punishments we get and moreover it was different(how many times would we get the chance to beat each other equally). So we didn't hesitated anymore.

One of us started slapping. It was a mere pat on the face. Then the other one slapped. So we slapped each other one by one. Whole class was counting the number of slaps. With each slap, intensity of slap was increasing. Till 3rd slap, they were really slaps. And intensity further increased. We both had motto, that last slap would be the tightest.

So there came the 5th slap on my face. And then the last nice tight-one from me on his face. And I was feeling good about it. Then suddenly, 1 more slap came from him, more harder. I was shocked, how could he hit me 6th one. So I reciprocated back, with a more harder slap.
He slapped me back.
I slapped him back.
He slapped me back.
I slapped me back.
...
....
Whole class were counting slaps and were in fits of laughter. And we both were enjoying as well.
Count went on...5..6...7...8...9...10..11..

When it was time for 12th Shastri ji got terrified. He said, "Stop it. Stop now. Its too much".

We didn't listened. And 1 more round of slaps followed. In this while, he came running towards us. He held our hands and said "Bas karo ab". And we both were looking at each other with angry eyes. And a feeling of satisfaction was also there on seeing cherry-red face of the other one.

We both didn't talked with each other that day until lunch break. At then we both were eating our lunch alone. This made me uncomfortable(as Baggasur used to eat my lunch as well, on usual days) and I asked him, "Why did you slapped me after 5th slap?".
His reply was, "You started slapping".
I said, "No, you started it".
He said, "You started it".(In high pitch)

I was about to say, "You started it...". But I didn't wanted 1 more round of slapping(I had 2 reasons for it. Firstly, I wanted to patch-up. Secondly, I knew, with no teacher around he would beat hell out of me this time). So I said, "lets leave it" and we were friends again.

Till today, I really don't know who started it. But those were the best days of my life. I cherish each memory of my naughty childhood with much more naughtier friends.

Dasvidaniya....

P.S: For more of mine and Baggasur's misadventures wait for the next posts.

4 comments:

  1. Bhaiya shastri ji ka hath bhi bada zalim tha.Kabhi kabar jub unka gussa had par kar jata tha toh woh jhuka k punch marte the peeth pe.Par yeh baat aur thi ki unhe gussa jaldi nahi aata tha.Aus sabse bade zalim bande the kapoor(physical instructor)aur Patil (football coach).Bhai saab kapoor toh giant tha.Ek hath pad jaye toh ram naam sat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PP dost...this incident is of my DAV school..frm whr I completed my 10th...this shastri ji is different from Hansraj's Shastri ji...whom I dont happen to know...anyhow..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha... you made my day...
    very good post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha.. thoroughly enjoyed the post.. and remembered my golden days of childhood :)

    ReplyDelete